Bitdefender Security for Mail Servers
A company’s email system provides one of the main entry and exit points within the network for malicious code propagation and data leakage. Therefore, email security solutions should be able to counter the many different threats that leverage a company’s email system in order to propagate:
- Sending or receiving malicious code through email attachments
- Unsolicited communication in the form of Spam
- Phishing attempts to acquire confidential information
- Legitimate users leaking confidential information by email
- Dictionary Harvesting Attacks (DHA)
Bitdefender® Security For Mail Servers
Defense In Depth
Bitdefender Security for Mail Servers is just one element in a comprehensive suite of solutions providing end-to-end network protection from the gateway to the desktop. Bitdefenders proactive, multi-platform solutions detect and stop viruses, spyware, adware and Trojan threats that can compromise your network integrity.
Securing Email Services With Bitdefender
Bitdefender Security for Mail Servers provides a number of important protection features for medium companies.
Features and Benefits
- Scans inbound email traffic to ensure real-time antimalware protection and minimize the risk of virus propagation throughout the internal network
- Scan outbound email to stop security threats spreading to your partners and customers
- Scans each email just once by using selected scanning method to minimize the server load
- Content filtering for both inbound and outbound emails, identifying specific administrator defined keyword content such as credit card data
- High Precision Antispam and Antiphishing filters with Heuristic NeuNet technology
- User directory protection against harvesting attacks used by Spammers in an attempt to find legitimate email addresses by brute force techniques
- Allows remote configuration from any computer in the organization through Bitdefender’s Centralized Management Server
- Reduced resource costs and overhead to increase overall business productivity
- Minimize network downtime to increase operational efficiency
Bitdefender Security for Mail Servers offers intelligent updates once an hour with new virus definitions and restricted content database, ensuring your Mail Server deployment is current with the very latest threat protection.
Security for Mail Servers
Bitdefender’s award-winning scan engines have been recognized by leading certification bodies, - including AV-Comparatives, ICSA Labs, Virus Bulletin, and West Coast Labs - for their unmatched proactive antimalware detection.
In addition to signature based detection, Bitdefender provides heuristic detection that emulates a virtual computer-within-a-computer, checking all files and code for malicious behavior. This technique produces fewer false positives and significantly higher detection rates for zero-day and unknown threats.
Using constantly updated blacklists and whitelists of known Spam sites, Bayesian learning provides another layer of detection that adapts to the changes made by Spammers to bypass static Spam filters.
Bitdefender Security for Mail Servers detects and prevents known spyware and adware by using five different filtering methods to monitor the registry for modifications, file scanning, cookie control, URL filtering and content inspection to prevent outbound data leakage.
While considered more of personal threat than a corporate threat; phishing sites can also harvesting information from your company’s employees. Using a combination of constantly updated blacklists and whitelists, Bitdefender prevents users from known accessing phishing sites and preventing compromise.
Content filtering allows for the detection of predefined information such as credit card or account information, report names, client databases, etc. from passing outside the company’s control.
Directory Harvesting Attack (DHA) Protection
Used by spammers to find valid or existing email addresses, Directory Harvesting is more effective for finding e-mail addresses of companies as they conform to a standard. Emails can then be crafted to bypass Spam filters as they target legitimate users.
Security Optimization for Mail Services
Bitdefender optimizes security solutions for each specific platform, ensuring minimal system degradation and maximum operational performance.
Windows-based Operating Systems:
- Windows Server 2000 SP4 + Update Rollup 1
- Windows Server 2003 with SP1, Windows Server 2003 R2
- Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Small Business Server (SBS) 2008
- Windows Server 2012
- Internet Explorer version 6.0 or higher
UNIX-based Operating Systems:
- Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris
- Linux Kernel: 2.6.18 or newer
- glibc: 2.3.1 or newer, libstdc++ from gcc 4 or newer
- Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 or newer
- Fedora Core 1 or newer
- FreeBSD 5.4 or newer
- Mandrake/Mandriva 9.1 or newer
- Oracle Linux 5 or newer
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 or newer
- Slackware 9.x or newer
- SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 or newer