Virtualization security for midsize enterprises
For growing businesses, the implementation and management of security software is often costly and resource-intensive, especially when faced with limited IT staff and security expertise. As threats diversify and cyber-attacks become more focused, smaller companies find it more challenging to efficiently protect their business assets and stay ahead of emerging security threats while keeping control of their budget.
Bitdefender enables midsize organizations to focus on growing their revenue while efficiently securing the integrity of their mission-critical virtualized workloads. With Security for Virtualized Environments (SVE) by Bitdefender, your company will benefit from proven, enterprise level security even when your business undergoes tight budget or limited IT resources.
Our solution delivers ‘better-than-physical’ security, able to save you both time and money by offloading major antimalware and management functionality on dedicated virtual appliances. This optimization-driven approach specifically adapted to virtual infrastructures will reduce your security-associated costs, empowering you to get the most out of your virtualization investment.
Vendor-agnostic security for any virtualized environment
Bitdefender addresses the needs of midsize companies with Security for Virtualized Environments. When installed in VMware environments, the solution takes advantage of vShield Endpoint technologies to offload main antimalware load associated with scanning and updates processes. This agentless security model ensures efficient resource consumption and improved performance, allowing companies to gain significant cost savings without compromising the protection of their data.
SVE is however not dependent on the virtualization technology and can adapt to dynamic requirements of any type of virtualized or cloud infrastructure. Combining self-learning cache mechanisms with lightweight antivirus footprint, the solution delivers highly optimized protection across multiple virtualization platforms and guest operating systems.
- Tightly integrates with VMware vShield 5 Endpoint solution for agentless antimalware capabilities in environments powered by VMware vSphere technologies
- Provides hypervisor agnostic security, designed to span across any major virtualization technologies, from VMware ESXi, to Citrix XenServer and Microsoft Hyper-V
- Integrates with VMware vCenter Server to import organizational nodes and inventory for increased manageability within the organization
- Protects files systems, processes and memory on both virtualized servers and desktops running Windows, Linux or Solaris operating systems
- Incorporates patent-pending technologies, which streamline the antimalware operations and ensure better utilization of system resources
- Integrates with Amazon Web Services (AWS) for seamless protection on virtualized Windows and Linux instances residing in the cloud
Realize the Full Potential of Virtualization
Based on leading-edge technologies architected specifically for virtualized environments, SVE provides highly scalable and lightweight protection on each virtual machine, improving performance and saving crucial resources throughout your entire environment.
- Resilience and scalability: cross-platform support solution, compliant with virtualized servers and desktops running Windows, Linux or Solaris operating systems
- Hypervisor agnostic security: designed to span across any major virtualization technologies, from VMware ESXi (with vShield Endpoint), to Citrix XenServer and Microsoft Hyper-V
- Improved performance: incorporates patent-pending technologies, which streamline the antimalware operations and ensure better utilization of resources
- Cost efficiency: enables significant cost savings due to minimal system demands and higher VM density per physical host
- Increased user productivity: low impact on end-user experience due to small footprint and deduplication of resources during scanning or engine update routines
- Simplified management: easy to implement and manage from a centralized web-based console acting as a unique point of control for the IT personnel
Minimal system demands
Security for Virtualized Environments by Bitdefender is delivered within a Security Virtual Appliance running on a hardened Linux server and is managed by the web-based Bitdefender Security Console.
Supported virtualization platforms:
- VMware vSphere, 5.1, 5.0 P1 (474610-Patch#1) or 4.1 P3 (433742-Patch #3) incl. ESXi 4.1 and ESXi 5.0 with:
- - VMware vCenter Server 5.1, 5.0 or 4.1
- - VMware vShield Manager 5.1, 5.0
- - VMware vShield Endpoint installed by vShield Manager on the hosts
- - VMware Tools 8.6.0 build 446312 installed on the protected guest machines in the complete mode or with the vShield driver selected under VMCI in custom mode.
- VMware View 5.1, 5.0
- Citrix XenDesktop, XenServer 6.0, 5.6 or 5.5 (including Xen Hypervisor)
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 or Windows 2008 R2 (including Hyper-V Hypervisor)
- Oracle VM 3.0
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.0 (including KVM Hypervisor)
Supported guest operating systems (32/64 bit):
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP (SP3)
- Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2003 R2
- Oracle Solaris 11, 10
- Linux distributions:
- - Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2, 6.1, 5.7, 5.6
- - CentOS 6.2, 6.1, 5.7, 5.6
- - Ubuntu 11.04, 10.04
- - SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11
- - OpenSUSE 12, 11
- - Fedora 16, 15